Cajun Prawn Cakes
- 1 LB Prawns/shrimp/crab/fish/scallops any seafood
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 pcs green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup flour plus for dredge
- 2 pcs egg beaten separately
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp Dayum Bayou Cajun Seasoning neilsarap.com
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
Chop up desired seafood into a medium mixing bowl.
Add cheese, S&P, 1/4 cup flour, 1 egg, mix well and refrigerate several hours or overnight works too!
Grab three small bowls
Split prawn/seafood into 6 balls and form into cakes.
Time to get mucky!
First flour ensure to coat entire cake, then egg and kinda shake off the excess egg, then the panko and ensure to fully coat the cake.
Continue until all cakes are coated, then over medium/high heat mealy olive oil and butter in a pan, cook until browned on one side flip and cook until desired temp is reached! Remove and allow to rest 5 min!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!