Slow cooker Tri-tip pot roast
Recipe by bwoods_bbq
1 Yellow onion chopped
1/2 lb Red potatoes quartered
1/2 lb Baby carrots
4 cloves garlic minced
2 cups beef broth
2lb tri-tip roast
1TBSP Worcestershire sauce
Neil’s Sarap BBQ Tasty Bark brisket rub
Mrs Dash salt free Italian medley
1 pack onion soup mix
5TBSP extra virgin olive oil divided
1) Season tri-tip with @neilsarap tasty bark brisket rub and let sit for 30 mins.
2) Add carrots, onion, and potatoes to slow cooker. Drizzle with 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil and season with Italian medley.
3) Heat 3 TBSP olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Sear the tri-tip for 2-3 minutes on all sides. Place the roast on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
4) Add the minced garlic to the skillet, then pour in ½ cup of broth and scrape the browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir in the remaining broth, as well as the onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, then pour the contents of the skillet over the roast in the slow cooker.
5) Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Serve.